2. BROWSING THE WEBSITE/MOBILE APP
3. PERSONAL DATA & PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION (PII)
3.1 Collected Data
- In order to use our services some amount of Personal Data or personally identifiable information (PII) should be collected. Personal data includes data or information which define a person’s identity, such as the name, the e-mail address or other data which can be reasonably linked to a person’s identity, such as the cell phone number. Data may be used to identify you in a unique manner across other devices or browsers for the purposes of customizing ads, message or content.
- Data which is not reasonably linked to a person’s identity may also be collected including, but not limited to, IPs, Browser info, OS, Cookies, advertising IDs, type of device.
- The Sign-Up process on the Website/Mobile App and the use of its services requires the provision of a minimum of personal data as described in section 5.
- The Mobile App obtains the information you provide when you download and register the Application. Registration with us is optional. However, please keep in mind that you may not be able to use some of the features offered by the Application unless you register with us.
- In addition, the Mobile App may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Application.
- When you use the Mobile App, we may use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine the area you are located within and display relevant messages/ data/ custom features.
3.2 Collected Data goal
3.2 The provision of personal data by the user / member anywhere on the Website/Mobile App is intended solely for ensuring the operation of provided services and the legality of the relevant transactions and they may not be used by any third person, without complying with the provisions of L. 2472/97, Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC), ePrivacy directive (2002/58/EC, as revised by 2009/136/EC) which are currently in force pertaining to the protection of Individuals with regard to the Processing of Personal Data, as are in force at any time. During the use of services of the Website / Mobile App, additional information may be requested or collected for statistical purposes, which is disconnected from the personal information of the user / member in compliance with the legislation.
3.3 OPT OUT PROCESS
- You can request to opt-out via email, at email@example.com.
- You can also stop all collection of information by the Mobile App easily by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
- If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth below, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application located in your account settings or in your mobile phone settings and/or within the mobile application.
4. COLLECTION AND TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS
Under certain conditions, e-table may collect and/or transfer in accordance with the existing legal provisions, your personal data to third parties other than the restaurants, in one of the following cases:
4.1 Advertising, Analytics, Remarketing
We may work with analytics companies to help us understand how the Website/Mobile App is being used, such as the frequency and duration of usage. We work with advertisers and third party advertising networks, who need to know how you interact with advertising provided in the Application. Advertisers and advertising networks use some of the information collected by the Website/Mobile App, including, but not limited to, the unique identification ID of your device and your mobile telephone number. To protect the anonymity of this information, we use an encryption technology to help ensure that these third parties can’t identify you personally. These third parties may also obtain anonymous information about other Websites /Mobile Apps you’ve used/ downloaded, the websites you visit, your precise location information, and other non- precise location information in order to help analyze and serve anonymous targeted advertising on the Website/Mobile App and elsewhere. We may also share encrypted versions of information you have provided in order to enable our partners to append other available information about you for analysis or advertising related use. Our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
If you’d like to opt-out from third party use of this type of information to help serve targeted advertising, please visit the section entitled 3.3 OPT OUT PROCESS above
We may share Data with third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us or with third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate
4.3 Social Sharing Features
We may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Website/ Mobile App with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
4.3 Notifications/ messages
Notwithstanding anything else in this policy, we may work with partners who use mobile SDKs, including the OneSignal Messaging SDK, to passively collect information (collectively, “SDK Information”), which generally helps us deliver personalized notifications. This data may also be used to identify you in a unique manner across other devices or browsers for the purposes of customizing ads or content. Depending on the permissions granted to this application, this information may include personally identifiable information (PII) including your e-mail address. This information may also include precise location (i.e. GPS-level data) or WiFi information, apps you have installed and enabled, and your mobile identifier (e.g., Android Advertising ID).
Consumer Control & Opt-Out Options:
- Opting-out of OneSignal Push Notifications You may in most cases opt out of receiving push notifications by going to your device “Settings” and clicking on “Notifications,” and then changing those settings for some or all of the apps on your device. (Different device configurations, or updates to devices, may affect or change how these settings work.
- Opting Out of “Cross-App” Advertising on Mobile Devices You can opt out of having your mobile advertising identifiers used for certain types of interest-based (also called “cross-app”) mobile behavioral advertising, by accessing the “settings” on your Apple or Android mobile device, as follows: By opening the Google Settings app on your device, selecting Ads, and then selecting the option to opt-out of interest-based ads. (Different device configurations, or updates to devices, may affect or change how these settings work.)
4.5 Sale / Merger
4.6 Legal Request
To the competent judicial, police or other administrative authorities upon legal request in order to: Comply with applicable laws. Respond to government investigations (or investigations by legal, government or semi-government or local or internet protection authorities of any kind). Comply with the effective legal procedure. Protect its rights and property, the Website or / and other users of the Website. The user / member has within the framework of the legislation on telecommunications privacy, the right to information and to object provided for in Articles 11 to 13 of Law 2472/1997 on personal data.
5. PROCEDURES REQUIRING COLLECTION AND PROCESS OF PERSONAL DATA OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION (PII)
5.1 Signing up on the Website/Mobile app
In order to create an account on the Website/Mobile App the visitor must provide their name, an e-mail address and a password. During the Sign-Up process the visitor is requested to provide additional optional information, if they wish to, such as place of residence, date of birth, gender, contact number etc. After the completion of the Sign-Up process the above account data may be viewed / modified at any time without any charge by the user / member using the password or upon request at e-table.
5.2 Online Reservations / Transfer of Personal Data to Restaurants
In order to process an online reservation at a cooperating restaurant the user / member of the Website/Mobile App is asked to state the name of table reservation holder and a contact number, as they would do if they were making a phone reservation. These data may relate to the user / member themselves or to any other individual on whose behalf the user / member is making the reservation. Furthermore, the user / member can optionally make additional special comments regarding the service they wish to receive. Upon completion of the reservation on the Website/Mobile App, the holder’s name, contact number and any special comments are automatically forwarded to the reservation restaurant and only to that, since they are essential for the improvement of the services. The cooperating restaurants are legally bound to e-table to handle such information as confidential and they shall use it for the sole purpose of supporting and executing the online reservation. These data are kept also in the records of e-table.
5.3 Comments and Reviews
For the provision of its services or other promotional activities, e-table may at regular intervals invite its members to participate in online votings. In order to participate in these votings the users / members of the Website/Mobile App shall need to provide their name and where appropriate other personal data, such as profession, age etc. (according to the nature of the questions that shall be put to vote) The user’s / member’s vote is used solely in order to draw conclusions in relation to public opinion on a certain issue and may not be used for any other purpose nor disclosed to third parties.
5.5 Links to third party Websites/Mobile apps
Through the Website/Mobile App the visitor / user / member may have access to other third party Websites/Mobile Apps such as social networking sites like facebook and twitter. In each case, when the visitor / user / member makes use of this service, exchange of information with these Websites/Mobile Apps is involved, and the information they share shall be governed by their respective privacy policies. The visitor / user / member is requested to change their account privacy settings directly on these Websites/Mobile Apps. e-table does not control the privacy policies of these third parties and does not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions of these third parties.
5.6 Call center recordings
E-table.gr has the right to record telephone calls to and from its call center in order to ensure better quality of telephone communication, as recorded calls can be used to train e-table’s personnel or for the resolution of any queries arising from the services received by users.
7. IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PLATFORM PERMISSIONS
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the our app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the our app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent. Sometimes the permissions we request will change over time.
8. IP ADDRESSES
9. GENERAL TERMS OF PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
The user / member may contact e-table anytime and free of charge in order to crosscheck the existence of their personal account, modification, change or deletion thereof as well as its exclusion from obtaining electronic information messages. During the update of personal data, e-table may ask users / members to verify their identity before it can accept the request. Visitors / users of the Website who are minors do not have the right to sign up as members and therefore are not required to submit their personal data. The Website’s account holder (member) is fully responsible for any use and for maintaining the secrecy and security of their password and must immediately notify e-table for any use of their account by a third party not authorized by them and for any other violation of their electronic account. e-table operates in accordance with the current Greek and European legislation and has adopted procedures to protect the personal data the user / member submits through the Website for as long as they are registered in its services. Only authorized employees have access to these data, whenever this is deemed necessary. These data are deleted after the expiration of the transactional relationship.
10. AMENDMENTS TO THE CURRENT POLICY